Sponsor Licence Applications

To lawfully employ non-EEA nations, your organisation must obtain a sponsor licence from the Home Office. The UK Visas and Immigration Service (UKVI) will assess whether your organisation can carry out its sponsor obligations.

Whether you are applying for your first sponsor licence (or preparing for renewal) Seabury Beaumont can provide you with the necessary advice and guidance to complete the application process. We will guide you through the choices available to your organisation, including whether to apply for a single or multiple site licence. We can also draft the application and enter it on your behalf.

It is becoming increasingly common for UKVI to visit your offices as part of the application process.We recommend that your organisation’s HR processes are audited by Seabury Beaumont prior to any application. This audit will highlight any historic liability for fines/penalties.

Once your organisation has been approved to sponsor non-EEA nationals working in the UK, you will be authorised to issue your first Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS). This is an electronic, rather than paper record obtained through the web-based sponsor management system. This document enables your potential employee to then make an application to the Home Office for a visa. Remember, your employee cannot start work for you until they have been granted a visa.